Thursday, June 11, 2015

Let me ‘splain

I finally pinned down why I feel someone's 'judgment' was so unprofessional and so wrong. Here is a clear explanation:

I don't like asparagus. I mean I loathe the stuff. I think it's the nastiest vegetable/plant in the world. It is on my 'hit list' of what should go into a composter, not on a plate.

That being said if someone took a photograph of it, on a plate, dressed with hollandaise sauce, it was well lit, properly exposed, all the right things, and I had to judge it, I wouldn't look at it and say "Oh I hate this, just the sight of this vegetable make me gag." and then ripped the photographer apart for taking a photo of something *I* hate.

This is what was done to me regarding my photograph. In my opinion, I felt the judge, who is a professional photographer, was extremely unprofessional. I feel he allowed his personal bias for something he didn't like to run rampant.

Yes, I know judging is subjective. I know this, but what was done to me was not subjective judging.

Now, I hope that clears up, and stops all the questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment