Monday, April 25, 2016

Minor annoyances of Windows 8.1

And no, not upgrading to Windows 10 on this laptop, as Microsoft and AMD stopped  Point Five of a version of supporting my graphics card.  I tried Win10 and it took over 5 hours to fix it.. well, roll it back to Windows 8.1.

Ok, annoyances in no particular order:

1: No matter if it's listed in the start up, certain programs/utilities need to be started by me.

2: Windows 8 isn't 'remembering' Wacom tablet settings. I keep selecting "Keep to Monitor One" but after I'm done using whatever program I was using it with is closed, the tablet spans both monitor again.

3: No matter what tips/tricks/hacks, I can't get Windows 8 native wall paper slide show options to work right. Had to get 3rd party program to do it.

4: The "Show Desktop" button on the right side of the task bar is so small, that when I try to 'Show desktop" those annoying charms show up instead. No hack/trick/tweak would change this, so yet again, another 3rd party utility.


*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment