Friday, April 1, 2016

Ok, now it's Samsung support I will be ripping into

Known issue with the Galaxy S7, doesn't effect all of them, but often enough to have had Samsung put out some sort of update to fix it.

So, I submit a support ticket to Samsung explaining the problem I had had, and that after much research on my part, including on their site,  the solution to that fixed it that wasn't found on the Samsung site. Also, that their new and improved 'back up/restore" sucks, because it doesn't restore apps or app data, just phone contacts, images, and messages, and I can't use Kies any more that DID restore apps.

I asked if there will be a fix for this, and if so, when.

Response was: a copy paste from their FAQ (which I had told them I had already done) attached to a pat form letter response.  Pretty much a "did you try switching if off and on again?".  AND said they had tried to call me?

1, if they tried to call, it was the middle of the night, when phone was on Do Not Disturb mode, or while I was out. Did they expect me to sit by the phone and wait?  Sorry I have a life.

2: I told them the above (minus the Sorry I  have a life part).

3: Their response was to rinse and repeat their first response.

And then they wonder why tech support has such a lousy reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment