Monday, July 3, 2017

A variation of the 'bait and switch'

There are people out there doing something called 'bitcoin mining'. They have found some sort of way to use specific graphics cards to make this easier.

Because of them, just about all computer stores that have these cards have deliberately jacked up the prices of what the have in stock to increase their profits.  I'm not saying higher prices on new stock because the manufacturers/suppliers are pushing up their prices, but on already in house stock.

I had one company try that bullshit with me.

The card was, with shipping and 3% PayPal surchage, $311.  They had 5 in stock. Order one, and when I checked back, their counter said 4 in stock, meaning I had successfully purchased one.

I get email this morning from the store. "Unfortunately, the cards you are after are not currently in stock and there is a major shortage Aust wide as everyone is after these cards for bit coin mining. We expect a shipment in this morning"

Anyone surprised that they're charging $90 more? 

I have said it before, and I will say it again... next time you try to screw me, kiss me first.

Found the same card on ebay for $30 less than what they were charging, NO paypal surcharge, AND free shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment