Monday, July 17, 2017

Old fashioned treatment, but it works

I stubbed my toe last week, but that isn't the problem. The problem was I couldn't find the toenail clipper and impatiently tried to use fingernail clipper. It didn't cut the nail, but it did twist it, causing a lifting of the toenail from the nail bed.

I noticed (well, Keito noticed) my big toe was a bit..to protect the squeamish, icky.

Old fashioned remedy: Large enough container to hold hot water enough to cover my food.  Regular table salt, about a 1/2 cup.  Immerse foot. VERY gently, started from base of toenail, press. Gradually work your way to top of toenail.  Don't be surprised if you see air bubbles. Repeat.  Empty pan of water, refill, and do it again, but this time the 1st time you press, you shouldn't see air bubbles.  BUT it will sting like hell! When water is cooler than your foot, take foot out, empty water. Dry foot with clean cloth/towel. 

Feels better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment