Tuesday, July 4, 2017

No changes for the better

Called my mother.  Step-father is still hanging in there.  This really isn't what you can call a good thing, as there is no chance of recovery here. Do NOT give me any malarkey about miracles.  They have jokingly saying he's waiting for the 4th of July.  He's always loved fireworks.

No matter how much you know what's coming, there is no easy way to handle it, is there?  I'm still having trouble processing it, as he was always such a strong force of nature.  Seemed unstoppable. 

Of all things, I am glad I mended fences years ago.  As heartbreaking as what our family is going through now, regret would have just eaten away at me had I not just let go of anger and hurt, and just moved on.

Cancer still fucking sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment