Sunday, August 6, 2017

Aaannnd another one

Yesterday, I had a (too) close encounter with a Trump fan, replete with ethnic epithets and Trump sound bites.

I recovered.

Today, after lunch with my mother in law, my son and I got to the counter to pay, with Wing and his mom close behind. An elderly gent shoved his way between us to demand he pay his bill RIGHT NOW. Ok, fine.

Then, as my mother in law, who comes up to my shoulder, moves up ,a woman behind me almost hip checks her to get up to the counter first. My son, Alan, and I just looked at her, and figured let the rude person go.

As it was noisy in the restaurant, I went outside.

Imagine my surprise when this woman came out, and started talking to me. "Well I never! Some people! Can you believe how I was being served?" (I gave her a blank look) "That server said that *flicking her fingers back towards mother in law* woman was in line before me. Can you believe those people?"

Me "Uhh, that woman is my mother in law, and we were there before you, but an elderly gent got between us. Oh, that was my son up there ahead of you, too."

Her eyes got wide and she gave me one of those false laughs.. "Oh, it doesn't matter now." (aka, oh shit, I put my foot right in it) and she scurried off.

I didn't say another word, but am quite sure the look I gave her spoke volumes.

I wouldn't have said anything, but she lied. Flat...out... lied.

No comments:

Post a Comment