Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Solve one problem.. and another crops up

There is something boned with my user account on my computer, that causes problems like Malwarebytes user menu not wanting to show up (it's still running, though, I get the alerts). I was also having a problem with On1PhotoRaw crashing the computer.

So, I decided to make a new user account, and re-recreate my user profile. But what it did was totally bollux up my default user accounts' browser profile.  I guess Cyberfox didn't like me cloning the profile? 

Also, I can't get the mouse to be lefthanded in the new profile. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard will not install. I think that is because I'm not using a microsoft mouse. After I get over the urge to bury my arm up to my elbow in the monitor. I will hook up MS mouse and see if that 'fixes' this problem.

The reason I don't just make a list of programs, serial/license/registrations is some of what I have installed is 'legacy'.  A few of them aren't made anymore, so no longer supported.  Or have new versions out that don't work as well (had that issue with piccure. It works better than Piccure+ on certain images, but they no longer support it, so can't get my serial/activations reset)

I do know that one day, I will have to do exactly that, wipe and reinstall everything, but I'm not looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment