Friday, August 18, 2017

It's on

I have been doing a lot of reading about my knee. It's not going to get any better. It might be a bit better than it was 4 weeks ago, but it's not going to get any better. If anything, it will degenerate and get worse. My knee hurts, I'm less active because it hurts. I'm less active, my weight goes up. Weight goes up, knee hurts worse, then I'm less active...round and round. Discussed things with Wing, bouncing the good, the bad and the ugly of knee replacement surgery. The risks, the benefits. My expectations aren't to be a marathon runner, just to be pain free.

Called the  Nurse Practitioner from Dr S office , and she called me back today. I told her about how I read everything I could get my hands on, understood the risk/benefit.  I go in for paperwork, blood tests and a few other test to make sure I am in reasonably good health. X-Rays to make sure which prosthetic will be put in.

I even have a tentative date for the surgery.

I told the NP that I was scared... she said that she would be worried if I wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment