Friday, August 11, 2017

Now I know..

When I get up in the morning, before I get out of bed, I get one of my knee compression bandages and slip it on my right knee.  It makes getting around a bit easier.  However, wearing it all day seemed to cause my knee to hurt worse at the end of the day. I think it's because the compression bandage doesn't prevent the lower leg from going too far forward or too far back, but I digress.

Got up this morning, put on the compression bandage, got the moggies fed and watered, Keito given his insulin injection.  Time for me to use all the hot water for a change aka got a shower.  Walked around in terry robe, no knee compression bandage.  After about an hour, I found myself holding doorways and leaning on a wall. Looked at my knee, and saw it was a bit puffy. 

Back to the mid-thigh to mid-calf leg/knee brace.  Yeah, knee feels better, but I feel a bit chilly, as the brace is worn over leggings. Leggings aren't the warmest thing to be wearing in cold rainy weather. 

Now I know for sure.  When at all possible, put the big rig on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment