Wednesday, November 22, 2017

That one one tough physio session, but with a lot of Q&A.

Turns out the twitching of my leg at night is normal, as there's always nerve damage during the surgery.  The feeling of rug burn on one part of my knee is over-sensitized nerves. To get it calmed down, I have to rub it with cold, warm, and textured things at different times.

Bending: Didn't have much improvement at all, but when Matt worked on the knee, I showed him the only place it was 'catching'... directly on top of the knee cap.  Off to the leg press, and gave it 20+ weighted bends to as far as I could go. (Pain level 4).  Then was shown new exercise, 'Split Bend'.. right leg curled behind me, foot resting on a surface, while holding onto a stable surface, bend knee and slightly sit back with the hips to increase the degree of knee bending.  Was not fun, but I went from 114 degrees of bend to 120.  Matt is still aiming for 130 for my next review.

Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment