Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Two weeks off for good or bad behavior

Saw Matt, the physio/nicest sadist ever.  I can bend my knee to 120 degrees unassisted. I showed him that my left leg, the uninjured one, and the right knee both bent back the same amount.  Then I showed him how I could put my feet, sole to sole, with knees bent.  He agreed that I might be as far as I can go for now, but for 11 weeks post op, it's excellent recuperation.  I have been told to leave the crutches home, unless I go to a crowded area. Not so much for my need, but the need of a visual cue for those who think I am walking too slow for their liking.

But now we have to work on the tendons on the right side of the knee and calf. It's not stretching enough to be able to lay my leg flat. I have been sent home with new exercises.  I will keep up doing the ones I have been doing, as they will keep my progress heading in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment