Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Noticeable RE-recovery

7+ months total knee replacement post op, and 2 months after the car accident where my knees impacted on the dashboard.  The swelling is just about gone, and  pivoting or walking sideways, the left knee doesn't make me come to a screeching halt, gasping in pain.

I would say I'm back to where I was 6 months post op. Only taking the anti-inflammatory in the morning, and occasional OTC strength paracetamol/ibuprofen if needed (aka I over did it).  Still have the prescription strength, but just going to shelve those.

Now, I just have to make sure that just because I feel better, that I don't over do it.  I would rather take a bit of care now, and not have another setback.

I find it so shocking at how people in the U.S. are given pain management medication for just a few weeks, 4 if they're lucky.  Why won't the doctors prescribe the kind that can't be used to get stoned?  No withdrawal when I stopped taking them after 3 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment