Monday, May 28, 2018

Yes, it does make a big difference

The past several months, I have been on very short rations of sleep due to knee and car accident related pain.  I had a meltdown last week, crying, ranting, and just nuts. But sleep deprivation can do that. 

Last night, I went to bed very early, and made sure my back was to the door, I was under the blankets, dim reading light. I read for about 15 minutes, put book away, shut off the light, and I was out cold. 

Woke up, check the sleep log and I had been in bed for over 9 hours, asleep for 8hrs and 35 minutes.

I got up, and wow, my knees weren't anywhere near as sore as they had been.  The swelling of my right knee was gone.  It was the first morning in weeks that not only wasn't I hurting, I felt rested and able to get up on stationary bike first thing after feeding the purr kids.

So yes, getting enough sleep does make one helluva difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment