Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Since when?

I have been getting an odd message when I send certain emails with Forte Agent.  And I scoured the internet for about a week, looking for a solution. Didn't find one, so did what any person would have done.

I submitted a support request.

To say I was shocked at the reply is an understatement.

Hello Sandra,

Sorry, I haven't seen this error message before so I am unable to help you and unfortunately we no longer provide second level support.

You could try posting your question on the following group: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

Regards, A** B***

Agent Team

My reply:

Yes, it is unfortunate. And rather shocking, as I have gotten tech support for other issues with Forte Agent. Nor did I ever receive any notice (and you have my email address) regarding this. Rather shoddy on Forte's part.

I don't subscribe to any Usenet services. I've used Forte Agent since v3x or what it 2x, and this is the first time I have heard that you no longer provide tech support for your own software. As someone who used to provide tech support, I find this rather... well, insert any term you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment