Monday, March 9, 2009

And here I thought I would have a rest day

Today, our archery club was hosting a state competition. Aikidomayland , being the Vice President of the club, assisted with the set up and whatever else was needed. He got up at OMIGOD Hundred hour, and quietly got ready to go, so I expected a nice sleep in and slow awakening.

Uhh no. He let Loki in, and within minutes, Loki was bugging me to get up. *sigh*

Got hot, so the pool and I had a standing date. The top part, due to the very strong Aussie sun, has become rather air permeable now. If I try to fill it to firmness the air just leeches out. But I did find out is that it will take a 'soft fill' of air which is enough to keep the water in. And have also found out that the bike pump, if you remove the small bit that clips over a tire valve, fits into the smaller of the two pool air valves, so I can fill it up as needed. I might not be able to rest my back on the sides of the pool but I do have the built in seats that I can still rest my head on and float, which is just fine. It's a splash pool, not a swimming pool.

An hour of floating, fresh air and sunshine, and cooling off meant I was smacked upside the head with the sleepies. Crashed for about an hour or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment