Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trip to Molinjor

Eureka!

We went there to have me measured and tested to see what sort of bow to have built for me. Chris measured me up, asked me what my normal shooting poundage was, and told me to not look at this bow, just test it out.

18 meters, and I put lots of holes in the gold. And no straining, no stacking, slick and smooth. Chris also said I have great shooting style/stance. My only glitch is I release too soon. Just a second or two delay to aim fixed it.

After shooting 35 arrows with no problems with my shoulder or my hand, I said "This bow is it." Chris was more than willing to build me one from the git go, but this one was perfect. Took a look and was surprised to find out that it's a heavier draw than any of my other ones, including my 40# Scythian horsebow.

Will be practicing with it this Sunday, as Aikidomayland has a barebow tourney scheduled for the club



No comments:

Post a Comment