Monday, March 16, 2009

Well this sucks

Aikidomayland got me a beautiful longbow in December. 40# draw. It's a good bow.. but it's not good for me.

Turns out that even though I am comfortable with a 40# draw, that one stacks too soon, and only the upper halves of the limbs are flexing. *sigh* I did try, and did shoot ok with it, but I have very stiff shoulders and arms today. It shall be re-homed.

Also found out that FITA, the governing body for archery events, has decided that string silencers (something used to stop excessive vibration of the string after arrow release) can no longer be used on bare bows, citing they can be used as sighting aids. Uhh, hello? The only way you could use them for sighting is if you are 9ft or 9 inches tall. When you draw the string silencer is over your head and below your belt buckle. It's as if they are trying to completely phase out bare bow shooters.



No comments:

Post a Comment