Sunday, June 20, 2010

I think I will keep him

We picked up my shoes, and headed to City Farmers to pick up the organic cat food that we have been feeding all the Bengals. This particular food was instrumental in Simba and Lucy's recovery to full health.

I was looking around, and couldn't find it. A very nice salesperson came over and she said I was looking in the right place, but it wasn't there. She went to ask the manager.

Turns out that Iams discontinued it, no warning, nothing. The only way City Farmers found out about it was 2 weeks ago when they tried to reorder. I was a bit annoyed, as were they. Had I some notice I would have slowly weaned the cats from one brand of cat food to another gradually to prevent gastric problems.

I swear, the guys who work at City Farmers are my heroes. You see, City Farmers has this guarantee.. if you cat doesn't like a particular food, you can bring it back for a refund no questions asked, and the cat food is sent back to Iams. Well, they had some upstairs, unopened, that were part of 3 bags returned. They gave me both of the unopened bags, free of charge. Now, with the new brand, I can mix it 3 to 1, then half and half, and then 1 to 3 until they are eating only the new food.

After all this, Aikidomayland made a great dinner of perfectly seasoned salmon, oven roasted potato pieces, and a delish fresh salad.

I think I will keep him.



No comments:

Post a Comment