Thursday, June 10, 2010

We invaded the city!

If you can call Meegan , her son Liam and I an invasion force. The mission was to take Liam's camera back to the place it was purchased because it had the dreaded, and well documented ERR99 that is the Canon equivalent of BSOD.

What was funny was when Liam was telling the salesperson about the problem. She looked at his receipt and warranty, and immediately started hemming and hawing about how they don't exchange or arrange for repairs.

This is where I come in. I told her I had researched about this error he kept having. I even contacted Canon AU about it. There are 4 things to try to see if it's caused by:

1: Battery
2: Faulty SD card
3: Lens contact points.
4: Shutter misaligned

It was none of the above, meaning faulty camera, as all the above mentioned items had been thoroughly tested, and that after speaking with Canon AU, I was told to return the camera from where it was purchased.

Well, I guess I spoke with such knowledge and authority, the salesperson was a bit intimidated. She called Canon AU, and said "One of your reps is here." (Whohuhwha?) And after about 30 seconds, we see and hear her taking down information from Canon AU as they said "Just return the camera for repair or exchange."

I fessed up that I am not a Canon Rep, but I am photographer who researched about this problem and contacted Canon about it.

The good news is, Liam's camera is headed off to be repaired/replaced and he should have it in 2 to 6 weeks. (2 weeks if exchanged, up to 6 weeks if repaired)



No comments:

Post a Comment