Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another reason to keep at least one WinXp machine going here

I have a PocketPC. Unfortunately, the make and model I have missing being supported by both Vista (bleh) and Win7. It's a bit dated, but I use it. I can't sync my outlook contacts (don't use outlook as email service, thankyouverymuchno) to my Win7 Phone or computer, so, keeping this device up and running is rather important for me. Well, a certain 'let me worm my way behind everything' feline *coughZiggycough* managed to unplug it, and I didn't notice. I lost everything that was on it. I checked my XP laptop out on the breakfast bar, and no back up there.

I took a deep breath, and dug out a rather antiquated Acer laptop (AcerClone) and ran active sync and selected "Restore". Oh thank heavens, it all restored. Right now I have the device on the breakfast bar laptop creating a new back up out there so I don't have to dig out the antiquated one.



No comments:

Post a Comment