Monday, August 13, 2012

Gardening done for today

Took my brand new weed trimmer and assaulted the overgrown weeds. Two battery recharges, three rounds and one blade change. Solar lawn lights are visible now and finally getting recharged. My hands and lower arms are sore from the vibrations of the trimmer, but a good friend suggested I get foam lined gloves to help mitigate it.

Ziggy managed to get the side door open, and snuck outside. I get up, look and spot the door opened about 3 inches. first thing that ran through my mind was "Oh $hit." I go outside, look to the left and there she is, standing in the middle of the potted lemongrass. I scooped her up (of course she squalled) and brought her inside.

I sat down, and watched her. She jumped off the sofa and headed to the side door. So, I got up quietly and watched her. She grabbed the lock peg on the bottom of the door, and pulled. Be damned if the door didn't start opening. I shooed her off, and checked the door. We have to make sure the door is fully seated in the door frame from now on, and we are planning to get her a belled collar with a name tag. It's not that we aren't being careful, it's that she is just that intelligent and sneaky. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment