Friday, August 10, 2012

That went well

About 2 months ago, on my way back from the dentist office, my bike and I took a fall due to uneven pavement (undermined from the torrential rains we had had for almost a week).

Today, the weather was nice, warm, and clear so I got my bike out, dusted it off, checked the tires and chain, grabbed my bike helmet and went for a ride. I didn't go far or for too long, just a few meandering laps of the neighborhood. Was I nervous about it? Oh hell yes. And that little idiot who decided to turn in front of me while he was driving his little ramped up 4 cylinder car didn't make things any less nerve-wracking.

I was able to work the hand brakes, and shift gears, so this is good. Was worried that the carpal tunnel would make it difficult or too painful to squeeze the calipers, but no problem. So, this means I can get back on my bike riding regimen. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment