Monday, August 27, 2012

Great weather for outdoor chores

So, today I weeded out my potted veggie/herb plants. Fed all of them, including the lime tree, fig tree, lillipilly and rosemary shrubs. I trimmed some branches of the fig tree, so it will grow upward, rather than out.

Weeded out all the gumtree seedlings sprouting in my potted lime tree. Then I noticed that the ants have set up aphids all over the blossoms/new fruit as if it was a frigging supermarket. Break out the organic bug spray and gloves. Much squishing where I could, spraying where I would end up tearing the blossoms off. After all the weeding, trimming, spraying, they all got a good watering (extra plant food for my rosemary, as it seems a bit scraggly)

Got a second wrist splint because the one I've been steadily using needs to be washed, and it takes a day or two for it to dry. I really don't want to have any setbacks on the improvement of carpal tunnel. Unfortunately, I couldn't find another one exactly like it. This one fits differently. It's taking some getting used to. Feels awkward, but I'm sure I'll get accustomed to it in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment