Sunday, August 19, 2012

Now that the antiseptic wipes have been used, and wounds treated...

We gave Ziggy a bath, to clean the fur on the irritated leg. Unfortunately, Wing is a bit too tenderhearted when it came to hold her ( I showed him how to grip her front feet so she could get no leverage or scratch, but he didn't do it. She tagged him on the right side of his face, missing his eye, but snagging his lip. Cleaned, treated and all good.). I managed to clamp my arm over her, keeping her pinned to my side while leaving her back legs in the warm water to be laved with gentle soap, Ziggy squalling and complaining for all she was worth.

Plucked her out of the water and thrust her at Wing. He was ready, and wrapped her up in my terry cloth robe. I gave her a brisk rub down. During that, she managed to YOINK herself out of the cone. She got away by getting under the bed.


While she was under there, I attended to Wing's and my wounds.

I broke out what I had been holding in reserve; a pristine piece of plastic wrap for her to slobber over. She came out from under the bed and proceeded to get up on the wardrobe. We got the step ladder out, got her down, patted and petted, and put the cone back on. Hated do that to her again, but the last thing we need to do is have her lick that area raw again. She has sort of forgiven us. She is not hiding under the bed, has come to sit in this room with me and is enjoying a bit of a nosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment