Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oh good, I won't have to replace so many after all.

Brought Ziggy outside to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine (she likes going out there but doesn't like the harness. But then she squalls just as much when we take it off. Silly moggie).

While I was out there, I decided to inspect the non working solar lawn lights. A whole bunch of them aren't working, so I brought out a screw driver, and my swiss army knife. I took some of them apart to inspect them. It seems that the one group have rechargeable coin batteries. No good, as the batteries would cost more to replace than the solar lights! Those shall be broken down for recycling. The others, their batteries were just old, and I think I was able to salvage 3 (maybe only 2, will have to wait for battery to charge up) out of the 4 of another group.

I will make a tally of how many come on tonight, and then decide on how many and which will be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment