Wednesday, November 21, 2012

That was mostly painless

I made a full system back up of my Sony Vaio laptop. When that was complete, I got my very low priced Windows 8 upgrade. It's installed easy enough, but I have to say the new desktop... it made my eyes want to cross. And why is it when Microsoft has something good, they get rid of it in the next incarnation of Windows? Right now, the boarders around program windows are right out of Win3x.

Stability seems to be ok, but it seems to take longer to load than Win7 did.

I find it funny that I get a new OS, and I move heaven and earth (or registry settings) to not make it look like it's 'new and improved' version. Yes, I am a creature of habit, and prefer to have a specific layout.

Now, if I can get the Aero/Glass theme back again, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment