Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Post of 2013

Had to make sure I didn't type 2012 as my fingers seem to have that pattern ingrained.

Spent the last hours of New Years' Eve 2012 with good friends and 'family'. I have to admit, though, I wheedled Jessi to bring out the two most adorable Dachshunds. No one there cared if they barked. They are 'goggies, and goggies bark." :)

My brain still has a problem with NYE being meltingly hot. Yes, I know, I live in Australia now, but a lifetime of having to bundle up like Nanook of the North isn't forgotten. Started getting a crashing headache, not from the wine, but from the heat. I hid it well as I didn't want to be a wet blanket. Midnight countdown, with the help of Lachy, we all toasted, hugged/smooched. The New Years deed done, we all started packing up to go home. Came home, chugged down lots of water, put a cold cloth on the back of my neck and waited. Didn't help, so I went to bed.

*sigh*

Damned headache is still here. Nope, not a hangover, as no nausea, no shakes, and I could do with a spot of breakfast. But what I am going to do is have some plain Nurofen, and drink more water, just to make sure I'm not dehydrated. It was rather a scorcher yesterday (42c / 108 F), and it could just be dehydration. But the last thing I want, is a damned migraine day one of 2013! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment