Saturday, January 19, 2013

Oh, I've been having fun!

Almost 6 yrs ago, when Wing got my the Lumix DMC-FZ30. I got some magnifying close up lens filters, to use for close up/macro photography. I got a Phoenix Macro Flash ring (more on this later) and started taking photos. Some of my favorite ones were close ups of my geode, beads and weaving, and and metal with beadwork..

Then I 'graduated' to a Canon. My problem was the Phoenix flash ring didn't fit on any of the Canon lenses, and I couldn't find adapters for the Phoenix flash ring. I did an inexpensive flash ring, but it gave me 'meh' results. Not bad, just not what I wanted.

So, last year, I got a Metz Flash ring. I could use it with my 7D because there was an onboard flash on the camera, but I couldn't use it with my 5D. So, after months of searching for a way to use it on my 5D without having to use an external flash, I went to Camera Electronic and explained the problem. They fabricated a flash sync cord for the 5D to use the Metz flash ring. And I have been having a blast rephotographing my zoisite, amethyst shaft, and rose quartz sphere.

I spotted our rose colored salt lamp, and after turning it around, got a great photo of it.



Next, I think I might try salt crystals, or sugar! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment