Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Today was the Day of Melting

It was hot, and humid today. We brought the birds in, because there was no way I was going to let them possibly get heat exhaustion. Took a sheet of vinyl, covered the table with it, put newspaper over that, and placed the top parts of the cages on it. I didn't turn the AC on in that area of the house, because I didn't want them to go from a hot environment to a cool one. But once it got warmer in there, I did put the AC on, at 27c.

Proceeded to scrub out and refill both of the birdbaths. The birds were waiting in the trees for me to depart, and then they swooped in. Later in the afternoon, I refilled it with cool water. Didn't take long for the locals to visit it again.

Brought the bird cage bottoms on the upper level of the back yard, near two grevillea shrubs, and hosed them out, thereby not only cleaning the cages, but giving both the shrugs a good watering in the process.

I found hanging birdbaths on Amazon dot com, not very expensive. Only $14. Around here, the prices is (hold onto your privates, general) $38 plus shipping. Only problem is they don't ship to Australia. US Drop mail address to the rescue! Even with the cost of shipping them over, it's still two for the price of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment