Sunday, January 13, 2013

Productive weekend brought to screeching halt

Attended a photography workshop at Leighton Beach, called "Castaway Light". Was familiar with the subject matter, but I still came away with a few bits of info. Any day I learn something new is a day not wasted. :)

So, I took 141 photographs (discounting the ones I took for scenery, and of the fishing eagle I saw doing a fly by), and so far (haven't gone through them all yet) out of them I have 35 good images. That is a ration of 1 out of 4, which is much better than 1 out of 10.

It was a great photo shoot, but I was knackered. I took out contacts, brushed teeth, washed up, got into jammies, crawled into bed. Next thing I know, it's morning and Loki is purring at me at 7:30. Problem was, I woke up with a headache again. I did take some Panadiene to make sure it didn't progress into a migraine, but I also drank a few glasses of water. It's entirely possible, that although I did bring and drink water at the photo shoot, that I was dehydrated.

Here's where the screeching halt came in: although I am in better condition physically (the back/leg issue) it was difficult to traipse up and down on very soft beach sand. Lower back is screaming at me, and I'm listing slightly to port again. No, it's not as bad as it would have been (and was) last year, but still using wall to push me upright. Knowing then, what I know now, I still would have done it. :D

Oh, here's bonus photo of a juvenile sea eagle! Wish I had my 100-400 on at the time. Oh well, it's still a good image.



No comments:

Post a Comment