Tuesday, July 9, 2013

All up and running... with one exception

Windows 8 upgrade went fairly smooth. Didn't have all the hug issues I had with it last time, as the update was Win 8.1 not just v8. Still had a bunch of updates to install and set up.

The one thing I had a problem with, again, with the Native Windows Copy/Paste crashing Windows Explorer. I uninstalled all the 3rd party file managers, but to no avail. Copy/Paste still crashes when I try to drag and drop, or right click/copy/paste.

There was also the issue of Win8 desktop colors... to say they're hideous is insulting hideous, IMO. I managed to find something to help with that. Less eyebending color theme.

Wing didn't understand why I did this. The thing is, this laptop was Windows 8 ready, but was one of the last ones shipped out with Windows 7. I l also kept having boot up BSODs with it running Win 7. No amount of tweaks, driver updates, driver roll backs, hardware removals fixed it.

Installed Win 8 and must have rebooted at least 20 times, and not one boot up BSOD, which leads me to believe that upgrading to Win 8 on this particular computer was a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment