Thursday, July 4, 2013

Dear Adobe, pull the other one. It has bells on it

I got only what I can call a 'propaganda' email from Adobe titled "What are the common myths about Adobe Creative Cloud?", singing the praises of how just wonderful Creative Cloud is.   All I can think is that their move to mandatory subscription only isn't taking off as they thought it would. And some of the myths they listed, I've never heard.  All I can think of is people who are really tech naive would have said these 'myths'.

Other than that, Adobe still doesn't address certain things that users have asked about.

If I don't want to rent anymore, how do I open or access the files? 

You're still stuffed and stuck paying rental/subscriptions fees in perpetuity if you want to use your images/work, if you don't have an older working copy of Photoshop that isn't cloud based.

So far, if I want to keep using the same tools/plug ins that I use with CS6 46bit, I will have to us CC 32bit. So, I will be staying with CS6 (and I still have CS5)

No comments:

Post a Comment