Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It's alive... IT'S ALIVE..

Or at least running the way I want it.

Figured out the "windows explorer crashing when copying and pasting" on my own. My ability to troubleshoot, research, try different things, and then and only then open a support request is why even though I give them all the information, even step by step what I've already done, I'm treated like a know nothing.

So, I fixed the problem. Then I found a Windows 8 Aero Tweak tool that works (still in beta, so I get a nag screen every once in a while, but have told the programmer I wouldn't have a problem buying it when it comes out commercially, as long as the nag screen goes away).

Made the touch pad a little less sensitive. No more moving cursor but accidentally moving oxygen molecules over it.

Still no BSODs after the Windows welcome screen anymore. I still believe that even though the laptop was sold with Windows 7 installed, it was built for Windows 8. I wonder how many other Sony Vaios have been having a lot of BSODs at welcome screen?

No comments:

Post a Comment