Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Maybe I shouldn't have done it.. ow

I saw the crystal clear skies, looked at my EQ5 mounted telescope. I put my shoulder under it and test lifted it. Too heavy

So, I looked at the old lightweight EQ3 mount.  I had to do a bit of rigging (the bolts  to hold the plate to the mount and the knob for the inclination seem to be the only things missing from all the parts I put away). I used cable ties, and it worked. 

So, brought telescope outside. Wasn't too heavy, but I would have been better off with an Alt/AZM because after all the disuse, the finderscope was off and I just could not get Jupiter into view.  I tried, and tried, and tried.

All I got out of it was a sore lower back, lots of ant bites on my feet (little bastards crawl into your shoes) and a lot of disappointment.   :(

No comments:

Post a Comment