Thursday, May 26, 2016

Seagate, your ineptitude never ceases to amaze me

Synopsis: I had a under warranty external HD fail. Seagate sent me a replacement. Unfortunately, less than a year later, that one failed too, suddenly. PAYAM data recovery service was able to retrieve the data (turns out the heads failed, but the platters were undamaged).  Turns out they had sent me a refurb, not a new one. Of course, it was stated in itty bitty light grey text on white background. Funny how that was overlooked (sarcasm off now)

So, I send them the faulty external drive. And what did they send me?  Another refurb, but NOT in a case.  *headdesk*  Really?  What kind of braindeaders WORK there!?

So, called PC Case Gear, and after talking to Vincent, I ordered a USB3 external bay for the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment