Friday, May 16, 2008

Health Rant

*sigh* Once again, I feel as if I have to justify my existence.

I have hypothyroidism. It took over 5 yrs before a doctor finally listened and believed me when I gave him a list of my intake and levels of activity, and ordered blood tests after a very intense physical exam. During those 5 yrs, I experienced severe mood swings, depression, patchy memory, dry eyes and skin, an a gawd awful weight gain. I would jokingly say I could look at a plate of air and put on 3 lbs.

Here is the rant part: once again, mother in law started haranguing me about what I eat. Fat this, fat that, fat this, fat that, like I don't fucking KNOW already. She seem to think that all I do is stuff my face with junk all the time.

My daily intake is as follows:

Breakfast 7am: 1 small bowl of NutriGrain with 1% Milk, or 1 small tub of no sugar added/97% fat free fruit yogurt with toast (skim milk has too much lactose in it, and I try to avoid too many types of sugars). Coffee, black no sugar.

Mid morning: either 5 oz of grapes, or equal amount of other fruit, or single slice of whole grain toast with 1/2 tsp of peanut butter.

Lunch: Asian noodles with 5 shrimp/prawns, Low sugar cranberry juice mixed with sugarless lemon soda.

Coffee Break: Another serve of fruit, or since I have been baking, one slice of banana macadamia bread, or 1/3 cup of trail mix (unroasted seeds/nuts).

Dinner: oven roasted chicken, or grilled meat, steamed veggies, and low gi rice (or whole grain pasta side dish, or mashed yams)

I might have a Mini-Magnum icecream for dessert.

Other than slight variations, that is my daily intake. But my mother in law has it in her head that I am shoveling spoonfuls of butter or other FAT FAT FATS into me non-stop. This coming from a woman who slathers anything remotely bread-like with butter. But then she needs the extra weight.

*sigh*



No comments:

Post a Comment