Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bag 'o Merlot

aikidomayland is a wine efficianado and somewhat of a snob about it. Since he took a 'wine course', he will wax on prosaic about bouquet, nose, oak aged etc etc. Me, I am a bit more basic. I will just say sample A tastes better than B or C. I know all the proper terms, but find them pretentious.

On Catch of the Day, we got a heck of a bargain on a case of export quality 2004 vintage collection of reds, Cabernet, Merlot, and Shiraz.

They arrived and they are in 'bags':



Now we know why the shipping charges were so low. Glass bottles would have been much heavier. This didn't lessen the quality of the Merlot. It was very nice. And there was no worry about it being 'corked'. I have had a few glasses of wine that tasted like slightly mildewed cork. bleh!

I see me marinating medallions of good quality beef or making a red wine sauce to dress it. Maybe some waygu.



No comments:

Post a Comment