Monday, August 18, 2008

Mondays' Sunday Recap

As I posted yesterday, I had gotten up very early to take photos of the eclipse. Unfortunately, as the Earth rotates so the Moon, and its show, dipped below the trees. Such is life.

Loaded up the car for archery, allowing aikidomayland to get a bit extra shut eye. Got text message from Delicious Irony about company at Foo Gwai. We were amenable.

Archery was good. Got to demonstrate to new group of newbies the differences between long bows, static recurves, and compound bows. One of the women asked "Is it harder to shoot the horse bows, than the other type?" Oh yeah.

Met up with Delicious Irony and Discordia13 at Foo Gwai, and had a marvelous lunch. Belated Happy Birthday to Discordia. 4 way Pork bun sacrifice to akire-yta was a marvel to behold.

Today, the Postal Delivery guy and me are gonna have words. He pulled up, and by the time it took for me to get to the door, he had started to pull down the driveway, leaned out and dumped a "Sorry to have missed you card" and took off. All with me at the top of the drive way yelling HELLO! HELLO! WAIT! (and those who know the lay out, know the carport is less than 50 ft from the mail box.) He starts driving away. HEY! WAIT!!!! Didn't even turn his head, and turned the corner and away he went.

I said "Oh for F&&KS sake!" and one of the neighbors asked "Did he just bloody well ignore you?" Seemed it to me. I called the post office and told them this time, I am filing a complaint.



No comments:

Post a Comment