Friday, August 29, 2008

Would have preferred the alarm clock this morning

Or even the cats waking me up. Rolling over and the feeling as if the muscle on my calf was trying to self destruct isn't what I would call a pleasant way.

The apple sized knot of cramped muscle on my calf suddenly came up. I felt my eyes cross, and I called out for aikidomayland and manged to gasp "Cramp right calf" and rolled over. He had no problem finding it as it was an extended almost fist sized knot of muscle sticking out. After he was done pushing toes towards my knee, and massaging at the same time, I was able to breath. I tried to stand, and am lucky the bathroom door frame was nearby.

All day, it's been wanting to cramp up again. Have a feeling I am low on potassium. I tried to take my scooter out, but the second I tried to push it to the door, that fist sized cramp made an appearance again. Assumed the position: toes on the wall, heel on the floor and leaned towards the wall. I sent aikidomayland a text message and asked him to bring some bananas home. *sigh*

Calf still hurts. :/



No comments:

Post a Comment