Saturday, August 30, 2008

It was bound to happen sooner or later

After umteen gigs of photographs taken, my first SD card for my camera has fallen to the wayside. A small piece of the casing fell off and it wouldn't work in the built in SD card reader on my computer, nor could the camera read it. I pried the back off and checked. The flash memory itself was undamaged. I pressed it into the front of the SD case and gingerly put it in the external card reader. Blue light came on, auto play started, and I breathed a sigh of relief. I was at least able to recover the photographs that I hadn't offloaded.

I showed the naked flash memory to aikidomayland. "Can I get a new SD card now?" He sighed and said yes.

I do wish there was a way to updated the firmware on my camera to take the 4 gig or above cards, but alas no.



No comments:

Post a Comment