Saturday, May 2, 2009

Finally got up the gumption

And went to the accident site, and took photographs. It hasn't rained, and there are 5 irregular stains on the road where Alan had been laid out. Kind of gave me a micro-freak out. More on that in a bit.

Alan is feeling much better. He is a bit 'hobbling around the house', but that's ok. If he needs pain meds, he asks and gets. None of that silly machismo crap Aikidomayland does (aka the suffering in not so much silence), and will take something if the pain is bad.

Back to the photographs

I will have to take another photograph of where he was coming down the hill, as some loose hair blew in front of the camera lens. But the others clearly show there is no obstruction of view, and you can see clearly up to the top of the hill. Yes, I know the accident was at night time, but the street lights there make it almost as bight as daytime there. And there is the clearly marked designated bike lane. As luck would have it, I even got photo of a bike rider coming down it! Too pic from inside our car, as Aikidomayland looked out, and you can still see up to the top of the hill.

Un-son, Robin came by to check on the 'stop sign'. Was nice visit. He said he can understand my 'hovering' right now.

I know this is irrational, and make no pretense otherwise, but I feel guilty that my son was hurt, that I wasn't there to prevent it, and can't 'make it all better'. And yes, I am very grateful that he is going to be ok, but for now, I will make sure he is ok, and all is taken care of for him until he feels back to normal, and hover... just a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment