Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tonights menu

Stock pot full of seafood goodness.

Made 11 liters of New England style seafood chowder. Fresh barramundi, shrimp (prawns), and baby clams. Was thinking about tossing in some squid too, but I think the pot would have over flowed.

Did have a minor kitchen disaster, rectifiable. I turned my back on the stock pot for about 10 seconds to put my huge, heavy cutting board into the sink. Next thing I knew, the pot over boiled. I said many bad words, as all the fresh herbs were now on the stove top, rather than in the soup. Enter, stage left, one silicone scraper. Enter, stage right, sushi dish. Pretty much squeegee-ed the spilled out seasonings onto the dish, then back in the pot. I am so glad we have that glass top stove.

Also got in touch with Hire-A-Hubby. He is coming to get a deposit, and will commence on replacing that falling apart gate. I also have to show him where there is a bit of warping of the work he did last year. Don't want to wait until the front of the house needs a major repair again.



No comments:

Post a Comment