Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Two cats will be the death of me

Today, Ziggy got outside. Twice. We didn't let her out and couldn't figure out how she ended up in the front yard.  She tmade another 'Great Escape' but this time I was watching her. The sliding glass door was open, but the screen door was shut. I watched her thread her front let through the 1cm (if that) gap between the sliding glass door frame and the screen door, and muscle the screen door right off its track, leaving a 4 inch gap for her to get through.

THEN I watched Loki playing tour guide, showed her the grassy knoll for her to get some furball curing grass, and then the orange tree, and then he showed her the gap between the gate and fence, leading her out to the front yard.  With Alans' help, we got her back into the house, both times.  I have called "CatMax", and have told Aikidomayland  that no more stalling.

Fast forward about 1 hour. I am outside trying out the telephoto lens, and I hear Loki yowling next to the side door. I hurry back to see his foot pinched in the pet door... stuck.  I get him lose, and he dashes into the house and hides.  I managed to find him, and examined the foot. Nothing appears to be broken, but it's obviously paining him.  It's odd to see a cat cradling his own sore foot, but that's what he's doing with it.  Will keep and eye on him and the foot, make sure there isn't any edema or increased pain.



No comments:

Post a Comment