Monday, September 21, 2009

A Question

I bought a copy of Adobe PhotoShop CS3 Extended. Been using it for quite a while.

After hearing much about CS4 version, I decided to give it a try. Because I installed the trial of CS4 it made CS3 license "Expire". *boggle* The pop up window says to uninstall and reinstall it to fix this problem. I really didn't want to uninstall and reinstall CS3 because it takes for freaking long! I went in search of a easier way to rectify this problem.

My question is this: is it technically piracy if you own the install disc and crack it anyhow to avoid the tedium of uninstall/reinstall? Even Wikipedia says "The distribution and use of cracked copies is illegal in almost every developed country.", but I am not distributing it. It's mine, bought and paid for and I am not handing it out to anyone, and there is little if anything about doing so for your own legally owned personal copy. (There is on reference to 'personal use' which I think I might be covered by)



No comments:

Post a Comment