Thursday, December 10, 2009

Insert many naughty words here

I am installing software on the 'wrong' computer (yes, still haven't gotten the right one yet). Called P at Disc World, and he was livid. It seems the supplier sent this one, rather than the one he said he had in stock, because they had run out. So, instead of just telling us that, the moron sent the core 2 duo, instead of the quad core, I guess thinking I would be too stupid to notice the difference(?).

P told me to just use this one, that the right one has been ordered, and when it comes in, I pack this one up after I have uninstalled and deleted personal information, and swap straight over, and then do all the installations and customizations again. *groan*

This month hasn't been a good one for computers in our household. Not only did Aikidomayland accidentally scrag Alan's hard drive, but he must have fried his system at the same time. So much for the new hard drive, dvd drive and memory for it. *sigh* On top of that AcerRacer has been having other hiccups, and I am betting it was also hit with a power surge. (Yes, have surge protectors, but that doesn't help when someone is flicking the power on and off several times in a few seconds.)

I think I have this machine about 70%+/- 3 done.



No comments:

Post a Comment