Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why outsourcing is messing up customer service.

Phone rang

"Hello, can I speak to Mr W*** C****?"

"Sorry, no, he can't be reached at his home number during business hours, as he is at his place of business."

"May I leave a message?"

"Sure"

"I'm calling from Ameircan Express...." (I interrupt her)

"No, you may not leave a message. For over a year now, you guys keep calling to bitch the payment is late, only to have the bill arrive at our house 4 days later. We have told you about this over and over, and you just can't take notes. You can't get your calling/billing cycle in sync, so until you do, stop calling us. It's been paid (was paid in full as a matter of fact), get YOUR records straight."

And then I hung up on her. That felt so good.



No comments:

Post a Comment