Monday, February 1, 2010

Ah, the joy of ISO files

After the crash and burn of Acerbeast 5 yrs ago, I decided to turn all my installation discs into ISO files. These were then either burned to a DVD or archived on external hard drive.

THe joy of this is that in just two days, I have 'Cheetah' up and running. Mounted the ISOs onto a virtual drive, and voila! I'm sure there area few Photoshop or Paintshop plugins I haven't installed yet, but I'll get to them. What also helps is that Paul archived my old program files (x86) directory, so I could go through it, copy what could be, and reinstalled as needed.

Bonus! My Sacred 2 character is 'alive and well'.



2 comments:

  1. After 5 yrs simply turned of all your installation discs? YAWN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?  This comment makes no sense.



    ReplyDelete