Monday, February 22, 2010

And they wonder why Tech Support has such a lousy reputation

One of the programs that came bundled with my computer keeps popping up this blue UPDATE arrow, but it crashes on the installation of the update, so I head to the support area for the software and submit this:

How can I manually install the update file?

Whenever I start YouCam, I see an Up arrow for updating. When I click on it, the download commences and finishes just fine. But The file keeps erroring out on installation. I need to run the file as Administrator, but I have no idea where the automatic download sends the file, or the file name


(I clearly state on the form, that the software came bundled with the computer)

This is the brain dead answer I get.

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are using CyberLink YouCam 3 software and you are facing issue related with installing the YouCam 3 software.

Regarding the CyberLink YouCam 3 software issues, please note that we do not have any records of you showing the purchase made at our website or Element5.

So, if you made the purchase on Cyberlink website or Element5, then please provide us the following information:

i) The order number of the purchase.

ii) The e-mail ID that you used while purchasing the software.

iii) The invoice of the purchase.

After analyzing the snapshot of the installation CD or invoice / sales receipt, we can provide further assistance.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

(their weblink)

Thanks and Regards

****

CyberLink Technical Support


So, this is my reply....( I was soooo tempted to type "I am typing this out slowly because I know you cannot read very fast, but I didn't)

Didn't anyone bother to read where it said the software was bundled with my Acer (Acer Aspire Prestige, Purchased Jan 29th 2010). I'm looking at the saved form data, and there it all is. I never said anywhere anything about 'purchased'. I clearly state it came preinstalled, bundled on my computer.This is why Tech Support gets such a lousy reputation.

So, one more time: YouCam 3.0 which CAME BUNDLED with Acer computer pops up a Blue Arrow for update. When I update, it downloads fine, but when it starts to install, I get the error that I have attached below once again. I probably have to run the update file "Run as Administrator", as I am using Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit.

Let's see if he/she switches on her brain this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment