Thursday, January 28, 2010

A cool slice of heaven

The pool Meegan gave me for 'Crissmum 2008' was defeated by the strong Aussie sun. The vinyl was made weak and finally just kept splitting , or not holding air. I let it deflate, and then rolled it up to be disposed of. We did cut out one of the 'seats' from the old pool, as they weren't affected by the air leaking problem, and will make a nice float for my head.

Today, I took out the pool I had gotten Feb or March 2009 and set it up. It turns out it's quite a bit larger than the first one. But smarter set up. The only thing that has to hold air is the top ring, as the water inside holds up the sides. We also discovered a small water leak, less than a half centimeter long. Alan stood in the pool, holding his finger on the hole inside the pool, while I dried off the outside, and applied a patch. Fixed in one minute. Then proceeded to fill it up, added bleach, and set up the water filter.

Oh my.... cool bliss.



Ignore the boxes the pool and water filter were in. I ended up folding up and using one of them between the pool and the post on the left side. I didn't have it far enough away from the pet enclosure, and I don't want it abrading against the wooden post.



No comments:

Post a Comment